In researching different fire protection solutions for your business, you might have come across the fire rated panel. However, before choosing this option, you should understand what it is as well as its primary benefits since you obviously want the best protection for your employees and structural property. Also referred to as fire resistant panels, below are five of the main advantages of using this type of wall panel for fire protection.
- Excellent Protection – The most obvious benefit is the level of protection against fire. When purchasing the best available product, you would have a full two hours of protection. Because of its unparalleled fire safety characteristics and superior fireproof wall materials, you would have adequate time to get people out of the building, contact your local fire department, and salvage expensive equipment, machinery, and inventory.
- Versatility – Due to the design and materials used, these fire resistant panels for walls are incredibly versatile, meaning they provide fire protection for multiple industries, including processing plants, chemical plants, restaurants, manufacturing companies, factories, and so on.
- Additional Benefits – Not only are these panels used for fire protection, but many of the best products also provide resistance to thermal transmission and sound. In fact, the right heat resistant wall panel offer protection for air handling plenums. Also, these panels are effective in preventing the spread of fire without using chemical additives.
- Design – While there are some differences in fire resistant walls from one manufacturer to another, for the most part, they are non-combustible, can withstand melting temperatures exceeding 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit, offer a high strength-to-weight ratio, and come in a variety of surface coatings.
- Easy Installation – As beneficial as these panels are, you might be surprised to learn that installation is quite easy. These panels are also cost-effective, making them an excellent all-around solution for fire protection.
For the best fire protection possible, it is important to choose products from a respected and trusted source. At DuraSystems, we offer more than 25 years of experience in this field and provide our customers with many exceptional solutions. To see all of our products, we invite you to visit our website or give us a call for assistance in choosing the right product for your business. We would love the opportunity to have you as a valued customer and help keep your company safe.