Components of a DuraSteel Composite Panel
When it comes to high-impact and blast-resistant panels, DuraSteel is the best product on the market. Used for a variety of applications, including ventilation ducts, ceilings, walls, and industrial purposes such as hatch covers, doors, valve box enclosures, fuel pipe protection, and more, this panel ensures optimal protection.
For a better understanding and appreciation of the DuraSteel Panel, consider some of the primary benefits.
- Provides between one to six hours of fire protection depending on the application
- Withstands prolonged exposure to different types of fires, including cellulosic, and hydrocarbon
- “Fit and Forget” installation with virtually no maintenance required
- Confirmed 40 plus years of service life
The following are some of the key components of this impact- and blast-resistant panel.
- This panel is a composite of a fiber reinforced cement core with both faces clad with mechanically bonded punched steel sheets.
- Classified as non-hazardous in compliance with BS 476: Part 4: 1970, as well as A1 to Clause 10 of BS EN 13501-1:2002
- Compliant with both national and international standards as a noncombustible product.
- Comes in 6.0- or 9.5mm thicknesses with a tolerance of +1.5 to -0.0mm and +1.0 to -1.0mm, respectively
- Blast resistant tested to over 2-bar, which equates to 29 psi overpressure
- Hydrocarbon fire resistant assemblies tested to a fire rating of H120
- Hard body impact tested to DIN 4102 to 4000j after fire testing
- Hose Stream tested to ASTM E119 to 45 psi pressure
- Due to its low moisture absorption, this panel withstands hose-stream actions
- Flexural strength over a 425mm span of 65 N/mm2 on the 9.5mm thickness
- Class 1 for surface spread of flame
- Class 0 for building regulations classification
- Thermal conductance of 60 at 20 degrees Celsius W/m2K
- Length times width tolerance of +2.0mm for standard boards
Whether they’re installed at airports, power stations, off-shore platforms, rail and metro stations, warehouses, petrochemical plants, or some other environment, DuraSteel components provide outstanding high-impact, blast, and hydrocarbon protection.
Turning to the Right SourceAt DuraSystems, we offer the DuraSteel panel as well as a host of other impact and fire barriers. For information about our company and the full spectrum of products that we provide, we invite you to visit us online or call to speak with a company representative today.